|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
The Celestial Vale is a starting area for all newly created characters, where they will start their journey before entering the main part of Perfect World, the Midlands. It is filled with beginner quests and monsters that will help new players familiarize themselves with the game's mechanics and their chosen class's skills. Here, players can acquire their first Genie, mount, flyer, fashion, armor, and weapons. They will also experience their first dungeon - the Lightsail Cave. The Celestial Vale is also the location for leveling the Spiritual Adept and Aware of Principle Spiritual Cultivations.
To access the Celestial Vale from the Midlands, talk to the Teleport Master in any of the starter cities (Etherblade City, City of the Plume, City of the Lost, City of Raging Tides, Tellus City, or Dawnglory) and select the "Go back to Celestial Vale" quest from the Quest Related option. To return to the Midlands while in the Celestial Vale, talk to a Teleport Master and select the "Return to Perfect World" quest from the quest related option. Newer characters will not be able to leave the Celestial Vale until they have completed the Celestial Vale Quest Chain. To leave the Celestial Vale without doing the quest chain the player can be summoned into the main map by another player such as a psychic.
Story[edit | edit source]
The Celestial Vale was the home of the Divine Child, son of Pan Gu, until soldiers from the Twilight Empire invaded the place attempting to kill the Divine Child and take his power. Since then, Celestial Maidens have arrived to the vale and prepared it so that Spiritual Initiates can train there. Recently, it has been overrun by seven sacred beasts that now threaten the safety of the Celestial Vale and its people.
In PW 4065, the residence of the God's Son was renamed into Celestial Vale. It was a place teeming of great magical energy, and serves as a birthing place for all spirits in Perfect World. There were some very feral beasts in the Celestial Vale, including the Flameflow Butterfly, Polaris Riftbeast, Sunburnt Panther, Tacit Phoenix, Shellsea Undine, Drunk Monkey, and Snowgrind Fox. The Celestial Maiden defeated them all, and used the Divine Seal to lock them away. Now that the Divine Seal is broken, the seven beasts were released, and started ravaging the world. We have to find those beasts, and put them under the Divine Seal again.
Map[edit | edit source]
Tips Before Getting Started[edit | edit source]
- Give the Beginner's Guide a read as it will help you familiarize yourself with the game.
- If you are new to the game and want to spend real money to expand your inventory, safe, or quest log by purchasing items from the Boutique (in-game store) you will have to wait until you are level 10+.
- Open the quest log by pressing the Q key and check the Current Quests and Find Quests tabs to start your journey. Always check the area you are in for any NPCs that have a quest flag over them so you can grab their quests while you are there.
- Start doing quests by checking where the Quest Dispatcher of each quest is located on the map. Do this by clicking on the NPC's link in the quest log then open the map by pressing the M key to see where the highlighted location is flagged on the overall map and the expanded map. By doing this to each quest you can plan how you want to organize doing the quests. You can do the same thing for the quest awarder NPCs also, if they are given.
- As you receive quests remember that the quest log is limited to 20 quests by default. Try not to fill your quest log too much, as PWI uses it for several things such as teleportation, opening boxes, drops, buying items and many more.
- You may be tempted to pick up everything that monsters drop. This can quickly become a storage nightmare until you learn what to save and what you can throw away. Most drops are not worth very much (1 coin) and can be thrown away, though some items are useful for expanding your safe or pet bag.
- A lot of quest items will appear in the "normal item" tab of your inventory rather than in the "quest items" tab. Also you will likely receive lots of items when completing quests throughout the game, so make sure to leave enough space in your inventory.
- This game has a lot of features and can get very complicated very quickly, especially if you level up very quickly. Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from other players. Most players are glad to help out if they are able to.
- You can also search here on the wiki for various features you may come across. Pwdatabase is also a very useful tool for finding information about items, monsters, NPCs, and quests.
- When you begin you may notice a pink lotus around the top-left of your screen. This is the Growth Goal system, which includes a System Introduction that contains tutorials on a number of features. You can get rewards from this by completing each goal, and more are unlocked every 10 levels, so make sure to check it regularly.
- The Perfect World Anecdote is a useful tool for keeping track of important quests as you level up. It can be found by clicking the Quests button at the bottom-right of the window.
Quests[edit | edit source]
There are multiple different types of quests offered within the Celestial Vale. For all characters, the Celestial Vale Quest Chain is their main source of quests. This quest chain can level a character up to level 20, and also allows them to eventually leave to Perfect World after it is completed. Characters will also receive their cultivation quests in the Celestial Vale for Spiritual Adept and Aware of Principle.
Some classes have their own set of quests that they can do to learn essential skills. Venomancers will receive their own quests as they level up to receive their first pet, as well as essential pet-related skills. Mystics will also receive their own quests as they level up to learn their first summon and plant skills.
Dungeons[edit | edit source]
The Celestial Vale contains only one dungeon, the Lightsail Cave. Players will need to access this dungeon for the Celestial Vale Quest Chain but will not have to kill any monsters. For the Aware of Principle Spiritual Cultivation quest players must venture through the dungeon and defeat the Snowgrind Fox at the end of the cave. You must also kill the Snowgrind Fox if you are obtaining the Fox-feller title.
Lightsail Cave is located at the northwest corner of the Celestial Vale, in Konton. It can be accessed by talking to the blue crystal in the middle of the town and taking its quest.
Summary[edit | edit source]
As you level your character or reach the end of the quest chain in Celestial Vale, you will start seeing quests in your quest log that are in Perfect World. Upon leaving the Celestial Vale, you will be teleported to Archosaur, where you will be able to continue your Spiritual Cultivation and begin some of the quest lines. At this point you may want to research the upcoming quests you will be given as you level. The most important quests to do are the cultivation quests as these help to teach you more advanced skills. It is also a good idea to choose a list of daily quests to do to keep you moving along and leveling at a decent rate.