Genies were introduced in the PWI Age of Spirits expansion. Players can use a Genie to complement their chosen class and round out their game play. The genies are non-corporeal entities that can assist in battle by casting buffs, debuffs and using new and unique abilities. You are given your first Genie in the Celestial Vale and you can also create a specific type of Genie at the cost of 3 Mirage Celestones.
Genies can level up along with their masters. In addition to increasing their base stats, players can upgrade a Genie's elemental affinity, with any of the five elements: Metal, Wood, Earth, Water and Fire. One affinity point is gained every five Genie levels. The elemental affinity is the key to unlocking certain skills. Genies can have a maximum of 26 affinity points. If need be, a player can reset the Genie's affinity points at the NPC "Watcher of the Earth" in any of the major cities using Stones of Refreshment.
Some Genie skills are specific to specific terrain or classes. Some Earth skills can be used only while on the ground many Water skills can only be used in water and some Metal skills can only be used while flying. Every Genie skill, but the base one, has 10 levels. The majority of the level one skills will have a requisite one point of a certain element. This is the same concept as many of our classes builds, you cannot open some skills without having a chain of others opened, even if they are only at level one.
There are four different Genies, one of each season: Longevity (Spring), Discipline (Winter), Zeal (Autumn), Infliction (Summer). Each genie has a unique skill when you first receive them, however, all other skills must be obtained through upgrading.
- 1 Genie Forms
- 2 Genie Attributes
- 3 Genie Base Stats
- 4 Leveling your Genie
- 5 Affinity Points
- 6 Genie Skills
- 7 Lucky Points
- 8 Recharging your Genie
- 9 Genie Equipment
- 10 Genie Items
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
Genie Forms[edit | edit source]
Genie Attributes[edit | edit source]
|Strength (STR)||Determine damage output of skills|
|Dexterity (DEX)||Determine effect of skill duration|
|Vitality (VIT)||MP pool (what you have available)|
|Magic (MAG)||MP Recovery (each 50 MAG = +1 MP recovery)|
|Strength (STR)||Makes specific skills stronger, proc more or last longer|
|Dexterity (DEX)||Makes specific skills stronger, proc more or last longer|
|Vitality (VIT)||Allows you to use more expensive (and powerful) skills, as well as chaining them together|
|Magic (MAG)||Allows you to use skills more frequently|
Genie Base Stats[edit | edit source]
Leveling your Genie[edit | edit source]
In order to get the most out of your Genie, you'll need to level it up. Naturally, Genies require EXP to level up. The amount of EXP required to level up a genie is a fraction of the EXP required for players to level up. There are three methods for providing Genies with EXP:
- Infusing your own EXP/Spirit into the Genie.
- EXP Cubes, which are primarily attained via quests or decomposing genies.
- Defeating Monsters
The level of the Genie cannot exceed the level of the player using it and the maximum level a Genie can attain is currently 105. To level the Genie, open the Genie window and select EXP Infuse.
Infuse EXP[edit | edit source]
The first option is to infuse with your experience points. Open your Genie's window EXP infuse window then click on the 'Level up' box which gives the Genie your experience points at the moment or enough to level it. Unless your genie is the same level as yourself you will receive a penalty for the amount of experience the Genie will receive. The penalty you will receive is worked out by the following method:
- Experience Given x (Genie level/Your level) = Genie experience gained
- 10,000 (Exp to give the genie) x (70 (Genie level shown) / 76 (My level))
- 10,000 x 0.921 = 9,210 exp given to the genie
Infuse EXP Cube[edit | edit source]
The second option is to infuse with EXP cubes, obtained from Warsong City or decomposing Genies. Drag the EXP cube into the box available and click on the 'Level up' button. Please be aware that unless your Genie is the same level as yourself you will receive a penalty for the amount of experience the Genie will receive. The penalty you will receive is worked out by the following method:
- Amount of Experience the Cube has x (Genie level/Exp cube level) = Genie exp gained
- 10,000 (EXP cube has) x (1 (Genie level shown) / 19 (My level))
- 10,000 (EXP cube has) x 0.052 (Will be classed as 0.1 due to value) = 1,000 exp given to the genie
Infuse Spirit[edit | edit source]
The last option is to infuse with your spirit points. Click on the 'Level up' box which gives converts your spirit points into Genie experience. Please be aware that unless your Genie is the same level as yourself you will receive a penalty for the amount of experience the Genie will receive. The penalty you will receive is worked out by the following method:
- Amount of Spirit points x ((Genie level/Your level) x 5) = Genie exp gained
- 10,000 (EXP cube has) x (70 (Genie level shown) / 76 (My level)) x 5)
- 10,000 (EXP cube has) x 4.605 = 46,050 experience points given to the genie
- Reason you gain 5x as many experience points for infusing spirit points as you generally receive 5x less spirit points as EXP when killing mobs and quests.
Experience Penalty[edit | edit source]
Looking at the table below will allow you to better understand the EXP ratio. A Genie starts with Level 1 and the EXP required to level a Level 1 Genie is 40% of the Level 1 players EXP regardless of your own level. The EXP follows the below table:
|Player Level||Player Exp||Genie Exp||Estimated Exp Penalty (@ Level 100)|
Experience Calculator[edit | edit source]
Affinity Points[edit | edit source]
Somewhat different then attribute points, Affinity Points give you the option of placing elemental affinities: Earth, Water, Fire, Wood, and Metal. Where you place these points will determine what skills your Genie can learn. The higher the Affinity Points needed for a skill, the stronger that skill is going to be even, at level one.
- Affinity: Metal (MT)
- Affinity: Wood (WD)
- Affinity: Earth (ER)
- Affinity: Water (WT)
- Affinity: Fire (FR)
Genies start with 1 Affinity Point, and will gain an additional Affinity Point every 5 levels. When a Genie reaches Level 100, it will gain 1 Affinity Point every level. Genies can attain a maximum of 26 Affinity Points. The number of points required to master an Affinity is 8. Affinity points can be reallocated using the Stone of Refreshment item. You can buy one from the Boutique or receive one from the Watcher of the Earth NPC in any major city.
Genie Skills[edit | edit source]
Starter Skills[edit | edit source]
Each Genie comes with a starter skill, this is something that you can unlearn from your Genie if you wish to replace it, but for those who may not have the EXP/Spirit to level and gain new skills, these are a good starting point to learn your Genie.
- Discipline (White Genie) Wind Force - Increases Flight Speed by 50%
- Zeal (Gold Genie) Earthflame - Reduces Target attack and defense 4% (often used for Luring)
- Longevity (Blue Genie) Eruption Fist - Reduces Elemental resistance 30%
- Infliction (Red/Pink Genie) Venom Stinger - Decreases Targets speed & increases yours by 22%
Lucky Points[edit | edit source]
See also Genie Rarity.
Lucky Points (LP) add extra attribute points to the Genie. Genies normally receive 1 attribute point per level and also get 1-10 additional attribute points from the Lucky Points it gains every 10 levels. As a result, a very lucky Genie can double its points.
The more Lucky Points your Genie gets, the more rare it is. The number of Lucky Points determine not only the number of additional attribute points, but also the look of your genie and the maximum number of skills a Genie can learn. The number of required Lucky Points for your Genie to change appearance are:
|Green (Starting State)||This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 10 - 40 points.|
|Blue (1st Evolution)||This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 41 - 50 points.|
|Purple (2nd Evolution)||This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 51 - 60 points.|
|Gold (3rd/Final Evolution)||This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 61 – 99 points.|
|Orange||This color indicates this Genie gained 10 random stats per every 10 level.|
|0-50||4 Skill Slots|
|51-70||5 Skill Slots|
|71-80||6 Skill Slots|
|81-90||7 Skill Slots|
|91+||8 Skill Slots|
The number of lucky points your Genie gains every ten levels is randomly given at the following rates:
This means that the number of Lucky Points your Genie gains each ten levels will usually be either very high or very low. Additionally, this means that the average number of Lucky Points a Genie gains every ten levels will be 5. At level 50 a Genie will have 25 Lucky Points, on average. There are no trick you can use that will affect the odds listed above.
Recharging your Genie[edit | edit source]
Genie skills use Energy and Stamina. Energy recharged naturally, but Stamina does not. You can restore your Genie's stamina by feeding it Chi stones.
If you do not feed your Genie, the stamina bar will eventually run low and you will not be able to utilize any skills.
Getting Chi stones[edit | edit source]
You can get Chi Stones from other players or by decomposing armor or weapons. The lower the level of the equipment, the less the Chi stone will give in terms of stamina. You can, however, combine chi stones into higher level ones at the Jewelcraftsman. Combining Chi stones is not recommended, since you will lose more total stamina points than you gain by combining them. The Perfect Stones are the best, but even then it can get expensive to feed your Genie.
Feeding your Genie[edit | edit source]
To feed your Genie, just drag-and-drop the stone(s) onto the icon of the Genie in your Inventory. Genies do not necessarily need to be equipped to be fed.
Genie Equipment[edit | edit source]
Genie equipment can be farmed in Warsong City. You can use Warsong Emblems or Warsong Medals dropped from bosses and exchange them for equipment at the Watcher of the Earth in any major city. Warsong Emblems are easy to acquire but Warsong Medals are a rare drop.
Genie Items[edit | edit source]
Visit the NPC Watcher of the Earth in any of the six major cities to receive some Genie related items for free. Genie items can also be bought from the Boutique.
|Level of Player||Quest Reward|
|Level 1||Collect your genie (genie type is random)|
|Level 19||Cube of Enlightenment - EXP Stone|
|Level 49||Refined Cube of Enlightenment (EXP Stone)|
|Level 70||20 Order of Origination (attribute point reallocation item)|
|Level 79||Elite Cube of Enlightenment (EXP Stone}|
|Level 80||Stone of Refreshment (affinity point reallocation item)|
Frequently Asked Questions[edit | edit source]
Why do my Genie(s) receive less EXP when I try to import?
- A player can only level up Genies that are the same level or lower than their level. There is an EXP penalty for a player that is a higher level then the Genie. There is no EXP penalty when a Genie reaches Level 100.
Can you Equip your Genie?
- Yes, you can equip your Genie! "Players can buy equipment for their Genies from the Watcher of the Earth. Genie Equipment includes Jades, Mirrors, Orbs, and Charms. Once equipped, Genie equipment can no longer be de-equipped; it can only be destroyed or replaced. Destroying and replacing Genie equipment is also done through the Watcher of the Earth." HOWEVER, before everyone gets all excited…these items cost 1 million coins. Therefore, and unfortunately, these items will be out of reach for many.
If I do not like the Genie I have, what can I do?
- You can talk to the Watcher of the Earth NPC and select the option to decompose your Genie. You gain an EXP Cube in proportion to Genie's level. To decompose Genie that is level 40 and above, your Genie must be in tradeable mode to do so. You can use Mirage Celestones at the Watcher of the Earth to make a new Genie.
Are Genies tradeable?
- The tradeable mode option is one in which allows for other players to trade or sell there Genies. However, one must keep in mind that it will take 7 days to convert your Genie into the TRADE READY state. By default, a Genie is set to NO-TRADE state. In this state, the Genie cannot be traded, sold, or discarded. Genies in TRADE READY state can be traded, sold or dropped and EXP infusion is restricted to EXP Cubes only. To infuse EXP or Spirit into the Genie, you have switch the Genie back to NO-TRADE state.