The expansion was not accompanied with a story or a video trailer.
News Releases[edit | edit source]
The first official mention of the expansion came in a news post on December 4th, 2017. At this time the expansion was not given a name nor was a release date mentioned. The post focused on the War Avatar system, announcing a new crafting system which would include crafting, decomposing, resetting, and empowering War Avatar Cards. The previously unusable War Avatar Artifacts, made from decomposing S grade War Avatar Cards, would play a key part in the upcoming system. It also made mentions of other materials that would be used for crafting, obtainable from Faction quests and a Faction Instance reward.
Several more news posts were made prior to the expansion's release:
- December 17th, 2017: The second preview was posted to the game's official site. It would go on to reveal that there will be two new Sanctified skills for each class. These new upgrades would also have their own glyph effects which were also briefly described.
- December 24th, 2017: A brief spotlight was released with a list of skill adjustments to be made to already-released skills. Most skill adjustments would affect glyph skills, primarily those of barbarians, while others would affect Homestead ultimate skills or Primal World skills.
- January 12th, 2018: The expansion's name was revealed to be Wonderland through a pre-purchase promotion that has since been re-posted several times. The promotion involved charging and spending gold in order to be eligible for prizes. One such reward included an exclusive Wonderland Goldfish mount, a golden recolor of the Goldfish of Happiness mount, which would not be awarded to players until after the expansion's release. No official date was mentioned in the news post for the release of the expansion.
- January 14th, 2018: The fourth feature spotlight for the expansion was announced. This feature spotlight revealed that a cross server version of Faction Battles would be coming to the game. These battles would occur in the Dragon Wilderness, between Sundown Town and Town of Arrivals, on a cross server map. Unlike local Faction Battles, the cross server version would not allow allied factions to participate. Declaring these cross server battles would cost a Cross Server Battle Invitation, obtainable through the Boutique. No prizes were mentioned.
- January 18th, 2018: The new area, Adventure Kingdom, was unveiled. Adventure Kingdom, a theme park, would only be open on special occasions throughout the year. The map was also revealed, showing several areas within the park. Many attractions and rides were shown, such as a merry-go-round, a shooting gallery, a roller coaster, a ferris wheel, whack-a-mole, a bumper car ride, and more. Some of these attractions or events would only occur on certain days at certain times during the week, and many of them award players with prizes in the form of Adventure Coins. These coins would be able to be exchanged for items such as fashion sets, all-class pets, pigments, War Avatar Packs, and more. The release date was revealed to be January 31st, 2018.
- January 21st, 2018: A developer insight post was released which featured an interview with developers about the making of Adventure Kingdom. It revealed that the theme park was created to introduce more casual content into the game for players where they could simply relax and enjoy the game with their friends, away from the daily grind. The design of the park itself was based around two things - the Ginger Tiger, and the five great capitals. The developers also mentioned their favorite rides, and the most challenging ones to create.
- January 25th, 2018: The 6th feature spotlight was posted to the site. It focused on a complete overhaul of the Faction system, including a new interface for it. This overhaul included an in-game recruiting and application system, a faction goals system involving running dungeons with multiple faction members, a welfare system that allows the faction leader to distribute items to members, a faction history record, and the ability to change permissions for each type of officer.
- January 30th, 2018: The final feature spotlight was unveiled, showcasing the revamped Faction Base. The Faction Base would have a complete visual makeover and now be located outside in a bright, nature-filled environment. It would also come with three new stats - Chivalry Points, Loyalty Points, and Loyalty Fund. These stats can be used for things such as purchasing items from the base, entering certain Faction Instances, or benefiting from the new Faction Talents system which would see members receiving special buffs or items. Other features were also revealed such as a Faction Pet, some of the NPCs and items, and the revamped Faction Trials, which would see the total amount of trials increase from 9 to 10.
On the day of the release, January 31st, 2018, three news posts were made prior to the expansion being officially launched onto the game's servers. The first post went through all of the patch notes that would explain most features coming to the game, though information on Adventure Kingdom was absent. The second post advertised an increased EXP, Spirit, and drops event along with a login event, and announced that Adventure Kingdom would not actually open until February 14th, 2018. The third news post featured the sales coming to the Boutique, including new items for the expansion's release.
Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
- The gates to Adventure Kingdom have swung open! It will open for the first time on February 14th! During special times throughout the year, the whimsical world of Adventure Kingdom opens its doors for the citizens of Perfect World to frolic and play in! Several various rides and attractions can be found within the park. To enter, talk to Tremolo the Tiger in South-West Archosaur.
- The War Avatar Crafting feature makes its debut! Players can exchange a certain number of War Avatar Artifacts and additional materials for S Grade Avatar cards. Players who have duplicate War Avatar S Cards can decompose them into War Avatar Artifacts, and then use the Artifacts to create Imperial Spirit. This includes Nuema Portal Cards!
- Avatar Crafting: S-grade War Avatar Crafting function is open. Players can click the 'Craft' button to enter War Avatar Crafting interface. A, B, C War Avatar can't be obtained through Avatar Crafting.
- Decomposing War Avatar Cards: S-grade War Avatar obtained through Avatar Crafting can be decomposed into War Avatar Artifacts. The amount of War Avatar Artifacts you get for decomposing is displayed underneath the set bonus section on each card.
- War Avatar Reset: Requires an S-grade War Avatar Card with Reawakening greater than 0. Rebirth I War Avatar Cards decompose into 2 War Avatars without Reawakening. Rebirth II War Avatar Cards decompose into 4 War Avatars without Reawakening.
- Infuse Imperial Spirit: A new item, Imperial Spirit, can be infused into Reawakening II Lv 80 Neuma Portal Avatar set to improve attribute and increase combat power!
- Imperial Spirit can be obtained by fusing 1 War Avatar Artifact, 20 Soulcast Flux and 20 Soulforge Temper together at the War Avatar Master in Kirin Town.
- Infusing Imperial Spirit on War Avatars enhance attributes by 5% for 30 days.
- A-grade War Avatar Cards for Artifacts: Certain A-grade War Avatars that are Reawakening II and reached LV40 can be used to exchange for 1 War Avatar Artifact at War Avatar Reset Kwei in Kirin Town. Each War Avatar can be exchanged only once.
- Cards include Aohe the Dark Emperor, Gorath the Worldrender, Chigo the Serpent Emperor, Mistress of Endless Night, Ghost Wing, Locen the Emperor of Flame, Vile: Pestilent Destroyer, Vile: Obscure Reaper, Vile: Snakefist Guardian, Vile: Cannonfist Orclord, Vile: Shadowskull Lich
- Cross Server Faction Battle: Do you need a battle to cheer up and show your faction's strength? Cross-server Battle Declaration has been added! Lv3 Factions can declare battles against the other factions across the server in Dragon Wilds of Wargod Gulch!
- Leaders of Lv3 Factions can check Cross-server on Faction Battle Declaration interface and then click Sign-up button. Requires Cross Server Battle Invitation, sold in the Boutique. Players that are Marshal and above and have Cross Server Battle Invitation can declare battle against qualifying Factions that can be declared against.
- Declaration Rules:
- The Faction Leader signs up for Cross-server Faction Battle Declaration.
- The Factions that battle is declared against can accept or decline the battle.
- In Cross-server Battle Declaration, factions are unable to invite Allied Factions to join the battle.
- Marshal or above can refuse Faction Battles.
- The two Factions that have declared battle against each other can enter the cross-server map: Dragon Wilds through Faction Battle Envoy Zahn half an hour before the battle starts.
Faction System Changes
- Faction Base Manager Zeen, Faction Supervisor, and Dragons' Conquest manager Rong Utsin have been relocated to Archosaur City (572,656). Many other NPCs related to Factions have also been relocated here for convenience.
- Faction Bases still require Faction Base Contract to enable. Existing Faction Bases will be kept.
- An activity sensor has been added to Faction Bases. All existing Faction Bases will be in lockdown status for a short period of time. Faction members need to increase their Loyalty Points to 1000 to unlock their Faction Base. Loyalty Points reset every week, meaning that they need to do it again the next week. Newly created Faction Bases don't have this restriction.
- Three new resources are added to Factions: Chivalry Points, Loyalty Points, and Loyalty Fund.
- Chivalry Points represent players' personal contributions to the Faction.
- Loyalty Points are required to enable Faction instances. Chivalry Points contributed by individual Faction members will be accumulated as the Faction's Loyalty Points. The total Loyalty Points a Faction accumulated during a week will determine how many levels can be completed in their Faction Instance the next week.
- Loyalty Fund can be used to activate Faction Talents. When all Faction Talents are activated, the Loyalty Merchant will show up, with services for sale that costs Loyalty Fund to purchase. Only Faction leaders can spend Loyalty Fund. Party up with fellow Faction members and complete Flowsilver Palace, Uncharted Paradise, and Dawnlight Halls to win Chivalry Points and Loyalty Fund.
- Faction Party: When a squad has at least 8 members who are from the same Faction, it becomes a Faction Party. Players in such parties will have special buffs, making them stronger than regular squads
- Faction Goals and Instance Phases: Faction Goals are a new series of Faction Quests. All active Faction Goals will be reset at 00:00 every Monday. Complete the goals before they reset to win a lot of Loyalty Points and Loyalty Fund. When a player enters the instance, he can see goals for each phase above the quest tracker. Complete all goals to complete the instance. If the player completed the goals in a Faction Party, a Faction marker will be displayed next to the goals.
- Faction Talents: There are eight levels of Faction Talents, which reset at 00:00 every Monday. Faction leaders can activate Talents in the Tree Spirit menu at the Miracle Tree.
- Faction Pet: Faction Pets have three main stats: Hunger, Mood, and Comfort. Players need to grow crops or catch fish to feed their pets to increase their Hunger, spend time with their pets to increase their Mood, and provide them with good dwelling conditions to increases their Comfort. Happy pets bring rewards to the faction.
- Faction Recruit: Faction managers with the correct permissions can post recruitment notices from their Faction's main menu. Players who have not yet joined a faction can open the Faction menu, and find a Faction to join in the Recruiting Faction list. Players who have already joined a Faction can also view this list at the Faction Supervisor.
- Faction Safe: A high capacity Faction Safe is added to allow Faction members to deposit and withdraw items. There are 3 different storage spaces, which the Faction leader can set different permissions and rules, allowing different types of Faction members to use. Faction Safe requires certain items to enable. For Factions with enough activeness, it costs 1 Ten Million Big Note.
- Faction Distribution: A Faction Distribution feature is added in the Faction Reward menu. It is used to distribute the extra rewards from all Faction Instances, and to allow Faction managers to quickly and accurately distribute all kinds of strategic resources.
- The once banished Faction Trials have returned! To enter a trial, a certain number of Loyalty Points are required to unlock each level. Player requirements include Reawakening I LV100, Arcane Sky, and weekly Chivalry Point >= 10. Players who quit a Faction and joined a new one can not enter the Faction Base for 7 days.
- For first completion, you must complete each level one after another. After that, you can directly enter a level that you have already completed. For levels you have not completed yet, you still need to complete them in order. Each level can be completed once per week. You can not open two levels at the same time. To enter Level 10, you have to complete all 9 levels before it first.
- A new AI design has been added for trials, named Stampede. Monsters with this property can deal higher damage to players with their normal attacks; only Barbarians has the ability to resist this damage increasing effect.
- Rewards for completing Faction Trials include Rank 8 Second Cast materials, Rank 8 Third Cast materials, Dragonbreath Weapon materials, Refining materials, Star Chart materials, War Avatar Packs and related crafting materials, Faction Loyalty Fund, and a 12-meter long mount, Rageflame Kirin.
- Revival ways in Flowsilver Palace are changed. If players are killed, they can be revived by Clerics or using a revival item.
- In Mirrorflower Treasury, the requirement to collect Pearl and Coral is changed to Lv100 Reawakening I players. The portal to leave Mirrorflower Treasury is changed from The Primal World to North District of Archosaur.
- Increase respawn times of the Boss Wraith Commander Haspon. From 12:00 on Wednesday to 24:00 on Sunday, Wraith Commander Haspon will appear in Path of Sorrow. After it is killed, it will be respawned every hour till 24:00 on Sunday. If players fail to kill it before this time, it will disappear automatically.
- Quests for levels 1-19 have been optimized.
- Undercurrent Hall: Requirement to take Elemental Disaster (reward quest) and Blood of Wind and Fire (reward quest) is changed from Mirage Sky I to Arcane Sky I.
- Fairy Boxes have been added as a Reagent at Transmutation Master Xolo.
- At War Avatar Reset Kwei, players can no longer take the quest to reset S-grade War Avatar Card into War Avatar Artifact.
- Merchants now sell Mystical Tome Fragments.
- Mirage Celestones will no longer drop in the Valley of Reciprocity.
- Card Bosses will no longer drop Mirage Celestones.
- Undercurrent Hall Bosses will no longer drop Mirage Celestones.
- Old Heaven's Tear (OHT) Gear can no longer be decomposed into Perfect Stones.
- Cube of Fate rewards changed to bound Rotating Cog of Fate. The required material to craft Badge of the Cube is now bound Rotating Cog of Fate.
- Unbound Rotating Cog of Fate can be exchanged for bound Rotating Cog of Fate at the Fate Forge.
- Skillbook of Sanctified Skill can be traded from Royal Knight Hector in Neverfall.
- Neverfall Squire's Badge can no longer be used to exchange for Glyph Pack (LV1).
- Lucky Coins can now be used to exchange for level 1 glyphs.
- The amount of Feral Soul Stars rewarded from the Lycaeum of Cultivation have been increased to 32/40/52/70, from 18/20/22/26.
- ΨElven Alacrity and ΨKnockback Arrow glyph skills have been added.
- ΨToxic Torrent and ΨShadow Teleport glyph skills have been added.
- ΨFlame Tsunami and ΨDragon Rising glyph skills have been added.
- The damage for ΔValkyrie's Might has been increased from 10% to 20% every time.
- ΨBlood Rush and ΨViolent Triumph glyph skills have been added.
- The Sanguine Glyph of ΨCornered Beast has had its immunity increased from a maximum of 25 seconds to a maximum of 90 seconds.
- The Level 1 Argent Glyph of ΨStomp of the Beast King now deals damage equal to 5 times the amount of health consumed, increased from 3.2 times.
- The Level 1 Ethereal Glyph of ΨMighty Swing now deals damage equal to 5 times the amount of health consumed, increased from 3.2 times.
- The Level 1 Ethereal Glyph of ΨBerserker's Wrath now deals damage equal to 5 times the amount of health consumed, increased from 3.2 times.
- The Level 1 Sanguine Glyph of ΨFlesh Ream now deals damage equal to 5 times the amount of health consumed, increased from 3.2 times.
- The Level 1 Verdant Glyph of ΨDevour now deals damage equal to 5 times the amount of health consumed, increased from 3.2 times.
- The Level 1 Argent Glyph of ΨDevour now deals damage equal to 5 times the amount of health consumed, increased from 3.2 times.
- ΨGuardian Light and ΨSiren's Kiss glyph skills have been added.
- ΣPantheon's Blessing's MP Regen has been reduced to 10/second and HP Regen increased by 10/second.
- ΨShadow Prey and ΨBlinking Moment glyph skills have been added.
- ΨBramble Tornado and ΨGaia's Blessing glyph skills have been added.
- HP and Attack of ΔVoidbringer doubled and damage it wards off for the owner is increased from 80% to 100%. When ΔVoidbringer exists, the owner dodges negative status with direct damage.
- ΨSand Flood and ΨTradewinds glyph skills have been added.
- ΨRewinding Gesture and ΨBlade Affinity glyph skills have been added.
- ΨMonsoon and ΨTidal Force glyph skills have been added.
- ΨArcane Antinomy and ΨFossilized Curse glyph skills have been added.
- ΨMortal Reversion and ΨDivine Pyrogram glyph skills have been added.
- New Freezing visual effect is added to ΨSupercell and ΨTidal Force of Stormbringer.
- Optimize Battle Lighting Effect. Players can set lighting effect in Optimization Settings-Lighting Effect. If players select Auto Optimize, Optimize function will be started in PVP state and closed when leaving PVP state. When Lighting Effect Optimization is on, lighting effects of Mount, Fashion, Gear, Scene and NPC will be hidden and lighting effect of Skill will be weakened.
- Spirit Blackhole weapon attribute removing Cloud Cover bug has been fixed.
- Auto pathing for NPC Faction Supervisor and Faction Base Manager navigates player character to incorrect location in Archosaur city.
- Faction Application Message text field fails to reset after refusing or accepting the application in Applicants List window.
- Faction Group name gets truncated to 1 word when Select Distribution Member window is reopened after creating a Custom Group with multiple words in the name.
- The Assassin skill Shadow Teleport, with Verdant Glyph/Sanguine Glyph: casting the skill when Chi is full won't recover Chi afterwards.
- ΨArcane Antinomy and ΨFossilized Curse with Sanguine Glyph missing % after "80%"
- The Faction Base should only reset once a week at 0:00 every Monday. At 24:00 Tuesday, all players in the Faction Base will be forcibly teleported out. At 24:00 Tuesday, if there are no players in the Faction Base, the Faction Base Trials will reset on Wednesday at 0:00.
- The head piece is missing from the fashion set Furious Raider's Set.
- Timely Rabbit Ears has the wrong graphic.
Images[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Faction Battle Envoy Zahn in North Archosaur.
Faction Battle Envoy Zahn in Paladin's Square in Neverfall.
Faction Battle Envoy Zahn in a revamped section in a Faction Base.
The entry point for Adventure Kingdom, in South-West Archosaur.
References[edit | edit source]
- Expansion Feature Spotlight #1 (December 4th, 2017)
- Expansion Feature Spotlight #2 - New Glyph Skills (December 17th, 2017)
- Feature Spotlight #3 Skill Adjustments (December 24th, 2017)
- Wonderland Pre-Purchase Reward (January 12th, 2018)
- Expansion Feature Spotlight #4 (January 14th, 2018)
- Expansion Feature Spotlight #5 (January 18th, 2018)
- Developer Insights on Adventure Kingdom (January 21st, 2018)
- Expansion Feature Spotlight #6 (January 25th, 2018)
- Expansion Feature Spotlight #7 (January 30th, 2018)
- PWI: Wonderland - Patch Notes (January 31st, 2018)
- Wonderland Launch Events (January 31st, 2018)
- Wonderland Expansion Cash Shop Update (January 31st, 2018)
|PWI The Lost Empire • PWI Age of Spirits • PWI Rising Tide • PWI Genesis • PWI Descent • PWI Sirens of War • PWI New Horizons • PWI Eclipse • PWI War Front • PWI Elysium • PWI Neverfall • PWI Wonderland|