|This article may contain information that is out-of-date relating to coins, due to the content update released on 10/23/2019.
The game's currency system has been completely overhauled as of the content update released on 10/23/2019. Information such as crafting costs, quest rewards, etc may contain old information.
World Quest (also known as Paperclip for Villa) is a daily quest, available for players level 70 and above. The quest involves collecting and exchanging various volumes of World History with NPCs located throughout the Midlands, sending the player around all areas on the map.
In order to be able to do World Quest, the player must first obtain a Fantasy Token from the Elder of Archosaur located in East Archosaur (571, 648) via the Paperclip for Villa quest.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Upon reaching level 70, the player will be able to take the Paperclip for Villa quest from the Elder of Archosaur, located in East Archosaur (571, 648). The Elder will give the player a Fantasy Token which can be used to begin the daily quests at Li Mengpai, located in West Archosaur (531, 642).
The basic overview of World Quest is as follows:
- Speak to Li Mengpai in West Archosaur (531, 642) to exchange the Fantasy Token for a Paper-clip.
- Speak to Tu Heng in West Archosaur (532, 645) to exchange the Paper-clip for Volume 1 to obtain World History Vol.1:Geography.
- Speak to Tailor Fang Pei in West Archosaur (523, 648) to exchange World History Vol.1:Geography for another World History volume. The volume the player receives is random.
- Speak to the NPC indicated in the Find Quest list of the Quest Window, accessed by pressing the Q key. A list of NPCs can be found in the table below.
- Continue exchanging World History volumes with NPCs up until World History 40.
- Once the player has obtained the final item for the quest, return to Li Mengpai in West Archosaur (531, 642) to receive rewards.
World History Volumes[edit | edit source]
Below is a table of NPCs that the player can exchange their World History volumes with. For example, if the player has received World History Vol.1:Geography, they should speak with Tailor Fang Pei to exchange it for another World History volume.
|Volume||Book Name||NPC Name||Location||Nearby Teleports|
|(Fantasy Token)||Li Mengpai||West Archosaur (531, 641)||West Archosaur|
|(Paper-clip)||Tu Heng||West Archosaur (532, 645)||West Archosaur|
|1||Geography||Tailor Fang Pei||West Archosaur (522, 648)||West Archosaur|
|2||Regimes||Moshang||Broken Bridge Village (228, 556)||Broken Bridge Village|
|3||The General||Old Hunter||Timberfield (498, 970)||Timberfield|
|4||Conventions||Merchant Chin||Village of Brutes (218, 423)||Village of Brutes|
|5||Emperors||Camellia Gardner||Heaven's Tear (458, 593)||West Archosaur|
|6||Wraiths||Lady Lo||Hidden Orchid (586, 564)||Hidden Orchid (South Archosaur/Sanctuary)|
|7||Etiquette||Hsu Hsiako||Hidden Orchid (586, 567)||Hidden Orchid (South Archosaur/Sanctuary)|
|8||Ceremony||Forgotten Elder||North Archosaur (572, 676)||North Archosaur|
|9||Archosaur||Kao the Musician||Allies Camp (621, 724)||Allies Camp/North Archosaur|
|10||Armory||Old Soldier||Near Angler's Village (655, 856)||Angler's Village|
|11||Astronomy||Count Misfortune||City of Misfortune (665, 968)||City of Misfortune|
|12||Commerce||Merchant Chen||Tradewind Village (431, 736)||Tradewind Village|
|13||Xenoworld||Swiftwind Recluse||Mount Burhan (357, 787)||Swiftwind Tribe|
|14||Names||Sumor Camp Elder||Sumor Camp (334, 827)||Sumor Camp|
|15||Elements||Blacksmith Yang||Sundown Town (123, 590)||Sundown Town|
|16||The Luna||Guard Hsiung||Dragon Wilderness (142, 641)||Town of Arrivals|
|17||Frost City||Talon Member Chao||Dragon's End (284, 566)||Dragon's End (Broken Bridge Village)|
|18||Humor||Orphan Hong||Arrowhead Manor (434, 458)||Arrowhead Manor|
|19||Factions||Member of the Talon||Tusk Town (464, 339)||Tusk Town|
|20||Calendar||Great Scholar||Dreamweaver Port (666, 369)||Dreamweaver Port|
|21||Academia||Apothecary Wu||Dreamweaver Port (667, 374)||Dreamweaver Port|
|22||Folklore||Tough Man Tiehi||Village of the Dreaming Cloud (547, 372)||Village of the Dreaming Cloud|
|23||LifeSpring||Master of Yin-Yang||Village of the Dreaming Cloud (549, 376)||Village of the Dreaming Cloud|
|24||Plume War||Young Man Hsiao||Whetstone Keep (539, 415)||Whetstone Keep|
|25||Striders||Old Woman||Village of the Lost (639, 476)||Village of the Lost|
|26||Assassin||Shop Assistant||Sanctuary (640, 564)||Sanctuary|
|27||Feng||Hsu Hsian||On the bridge near Sanctuary (654, 550)||Sanctuary|
|28||Chinling||Pai Li the Painter||Fragrant Hills (664, 610)||Sanctuary/South Archosaur/Hidden Orchid|
|29||Faiths||Foreigner||On a boat near Fragrant Hills (642, 614)||Sanctuary/South Archosaur/Hidden Orchid|
|30||Outer Land||Merchant Chin Le||East Barrier Village (182, 867)||East Barrier Village/City of a Thousand Streams|
|31||Waters||Laid-back Old Man||Netherspring Camp (629, 242)||Netherspring Camp|
|32||Nature||Emerald Moon||White Sand Beach (648, 111)||City of Raging Tides|
|33||Luxuries||Guard Autumnland||Windbreaker Camp (670, 175)||Windbreaker Camp|
|34||Herbs||Valiant Avatar||Shrine of the Immortals (115, 257)||Shrine of the Immortals|
|35||The Cape||Merchant Fritz||Spire of Awakening (147, 247)||Spire of Awakening|
|36||Travels||Gold Hunter Elena||Forgotten Sanctuary (471, 267)||Forgotten Sanctuary|
|37||Dragons||Ancestral Guardian Shawn||Shrine of the Ancestors (233, 231)||Shrine of the Ancestors|
|38||Book 38||Verdict Lord Shosan||Bleakhaven Ruins (775, 953)||Bleakhaven Ruins|
|39||Book 39||Elliot||Ruins Of The Exiled (728, 979)||Ruins Of The Exiled|
|40||Book 40||Hermit||Serpent Cliffs (730, 860)||Serpent Cliffs|
|(Reward book)||Li Mengpai||West Archosaur (531, 641)||West Archosaur|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While doing World Quest the player should have 2 free inventory spaces - 1 space for the World History (although this goes into the quest inventory) and 1 extra space as there is a small chance of obtaining Mysterious Items.
- If the player chooses to fly from one NPC to another, it is recommended to use the Autopath feature while flying at the maximum height, especially if the player is away from their computer.
- It is also recommended to not have the Cancel Fly Mode selected as some NPCs are located near aggressive monsters.
- Teleport Bells are useful for teleporting quickly from one location to another. Teleport Bells are purchasable from the Boutique or obtainable from certain events and Arc Codes. They last between 7 days and 30 days and allow an infinite amount of teleports.
- Players flying to and from volumes 26 or 27 may encounter Cyannair Specters which reside in the air. These monsters will relentlessly follow the player and attack them, possibly killing those who are away from their computer. The player can either kill the monster, swim underwater as low as possible, or drop from the air far enough to lose aggro of them.
- The NPC for volume 28, Pai Li the Painter, is surrounded by aggressive Huggy Hare monsters which may attack the player if they land on top of or near Pai Li.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
The default reward for completing World Quest is Experience and Spirit, which varies depending on the level range of the character:
- Level 70-79: 397,500 Experience,79,500 Spirit
- Level 80-89: 708,000 Experience, 141,600 Spirit
- Level 90+: 1,042,500 Experience, 208,500 Spirit
Depending on the final item the player receives after exchanging World History 40, the player can also receive additional rewards.
- Title of the Villa (50%) - default reward
- World History:Prologue (10%) - additional 10% Experience and Spirit:
- Level 70-79: 437,250 Experience, 87,450 Spirit
- Level 80-89: 778,800 Experience, 155,760 Spirit
- Level 90+: 1,146,750 Experience, 229,350 Spirit
- Reviews of World History (10%) - default reward. Previously awarded additional Spirit.
- World History: Postscripts (10%) - additional 5 Reputation
- World History: Picture Version (10%) - additional 20,000 coins
- World History: Another Version (10%) - additional 1 Mirage Celestone
Regardless of the final item, the player will always receive a Fantasy Token that is stored in their quest inventory. This item can be used to start World Quest again the next day.
Mysterious Items[edit | edit source]
Mysterious Items are a random reward that can be given at a low rate when the player obtains a new Volume during the quest line. The items can be saved up and given to Li Mengpai in West Archosaur (531, 641) to obtain permanent titles. There are a total of 10 titles.
|World Histories||Mysterious Item Level||Chance of Getting an Item||Item List|
|1 - 4||1||5%||Doll (1%)|
Kingfisher's Feather (1%)
Folding Fan (1%)
Oilpaper Umbrella (1%)
|5 - 8||2||4.5%||Gilt Ring (0.9%)|
Undelivered Love Letter (0.9%)
Expired Ship Ticket (0.9%)
Shabby Rattle Drum (0.9%)
Luminesce Sachet (0.9%)
|9 - 12||3||4.05%||Soup of Pearls and Jades (0.81%)|
Canned Tuna (0.81%)
Monkey Wine (0.81%)
|13 - 16||4||3.645%||Rusted Blade (0.729%)|
Poisoned Arrows (0.729%)
Sharp Dagger (0.729%)
Lavish Quiver (0.729%)
Gold-plated Saddle (0.729%)
|17 - 20||5||2.915%||Banned Novel (0.583%)|
Fake Calligraphy (0.583%)
Royal Jewellery (0.583%)
Painting of Pecking Chicklings (0.583%)
Rubbings of Ancient Text (0.583%)
|20 - 24||6||2.33%||Fine Bamboo Flute (0.466%)|
Rice Paper (0.466%)
Creek Rinsed Voile (0.466%)
Huzhou Brush Pen (0.466%)
Cup of Grief (0.466%)
|25 - 28||7||1.865%||Jiangnan Osier (0.373%)|
Luminous Grail (0.373%)
Clivia Orchid (0.373%)
Fool's Casket (0.373%)
Raft of Huang River (0.373%)
|29 - 32||8||1.49%||Scorch-tailed Instrument (0.298%)|
Bone of Swift Horse (0.298%)
Zhaojun's Pipa (0.298%)
Gongsun's Dance Sword (0.298%)
Adjutant's Shirt (0.298%)
|33 - 36||9||1.19%||Esoterica of Tathagata (0.238%)|
Travelers on Mount Xi (0.238%)
Lanke Chess Manual (0.238%)
Note of Guanglingsan (0.238%)
Prologue of Lanting Anthology (0.238%)
|37 - 40||10||0.95%||Dragon Fossil (0.19%)|
Commander's Seal (0.19%)
Lofty Monk's Relics (0.19%)
Golden Jade Suit (0.19%)
Esoterica of Jiuyin (0.19%)
|Name||Level||Used for Title|
|Gilt Ring||2||Fleeting Love|
|Undelivered Love Letter||2|
|Expired Ship Ticket||2|
|Shabby Rattle Drum||2|
|Soup of Pearls and Jades||3||Swan's Grace|
|Rusted Blade||4||Wanderer's Solitude|
|Banned Novel||5||Fortune's Collector|
|Painting of Pecking Chicklings||5|
|Rubbings of Ancient Text||5|
|Fine Bamboo Flute||6||Inked Heart|
|Creek Rinsed Voile||6|
|Huzhou Brush Pen||6|
|Cup of Grief||6|
|Jiangnan Osier||7||Most Glamourous|
|Raft of Huang River||7|
|Scorch-tailed Instrument||8||Harmony's Resonance|
|Bone of Swift Horse||8|
|Gongsun's Dance Sword||8|
|Esoterica of Tathagata||9||The Brisk Traveler|
|Travelers on Mount Xi||9|
|Lanke Chess Manual||9|
|Note of Guanglingsan||9|
|Prologue of Lanting Anthology||9|
|Dragon Fossil||10||Royal Overwatch|
|Lofty Monk's Relics||10|
|Golden Jade Suit||10|
|Esoterica of Jiuyin||10|