Nice guide, Can I insert a link to my "Rare Pet Taming Guide"?? :3 Jollyjaguar 08:19, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Of course go right ahead ^^ a good place for it would be right under the rare baby pet header --Atheeni 13:32, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Merge Notes[edit source]
Merge to start below the HR. Killed the banner. --Flyingsoloist 17:04, 9 August 2011 (PDT)
- minor grammar/formatting/nomenclature fixes in intro
- added, formatted classes of pets for newer additions
- "despawn" -> "stow" in various places...since that's what it is...
- added note on genesis expansion summon-to-stow feature
- added length restriction on renaming pets
- verified info from Baby Pets sections intro, how to get, and renaming is included
- moved link for Rare Pet Taming Guide
- added TODO list below
- removed intro "title"
- added Venomancer link
--Flyingsoloist 17:31, 15 August 2011 (PDT)
- renamed section to pet list
- it's probably better in the long run to put these all in one list as pet packs can/have been introduced which add new ways to get old pets
- next to each pet should be the means to acquire it- crafting via eggs, list of boxes, trade in at mail box, MQ, etc.
- started table for merging pets
- still need to play around with formatting
- text fields should be aligned - titles centered, info left-justified
- might move the pet icon to the right side of the table and anchor it in it's own cell; might help the balance - will have to try/look at it later
- need to look into vertical spacing. hares are made from one type of egg, bears from two. this may become an issue when entering foxwings/antelopes. concerned about spread out fields vs. squished fields & over all look and feel.
- image backgrounds are the same as the current background of the page, meaning the table background is locked at that color
- might look into getting gifs with transparent backgrounds so that if/when the style of the wiki changes, the tables can fit the new theme.
- or might just go with black. nearly everything looks good on black.
--Flyingsoloist 10:52, 16 August 2011 (PDT)
note to self:
- merged table needs section for pet coords - expand to 4th spanned column
--Flyingsoloist 10:55, 16 August 2011 (PDT)
- ticked items off todo - thanks Sangodoc for NPC coords updates
- moved info to table
- fiddled with table formatting
- might want to change the wording when talking about mystics. their summons aren't true pets. summons are controlled in battle in the same way, but that's really the only way they're the same. but then, it's probably fine as is. just the part about summoning/stowing a pet (pet bag) doesn't work with mystics. at the moment it feels awkward to me, but maybe i just need a coffee.
--Flyingsoloist 11:22, 17 August 2011 (PDT)
- played with the table formatting
- one table with borders on and differing rows looked off - one other thing to try
- temporarily using dashes as a hax hr to separate entries, although i'm sure this looks dumb on any other browser besides what i'm using now -- will be fixed, just using it for visual reference for the time being
- added pup info
--Flyingsoloist 14:22, 17 August 2011 (PDT)
- moved all of the pets on this page into new table
- verified data against other page to be merged
- removed locations table, as that is now part of the pet list
- altered wording: classes of pets -> ways to obtain
- added table entry for Sage Baby Tiger pet (Tiger Event trade in reward) as template for adding information
- fixme tag should be placed at the top of the page on merge complete to add in other pets- mq/event/box/etc
--Flyingsoloist 10:46, 24 August 2011 (PDT)
merge tables of pets enter in info for all pets into combined table ensure locations of pets are in table maybe put the cost of manufacturing a pet into the tableand rewording that info above maybe put respawn times for some of the not-so-rare pets (30 minutes for the frost and whatever the other one is antelopes, which aren't really considered rare)- just sticking in all respawn times where relevant; one less click for the user and makes for a more uniform table pet level to be with pet maybe have two columns for this table -- first column with the baby pet which row-spans the others; second column the "mat" pets required to make the baby and their associated information
info for the baby pets that can't be manufactured via Mrs. Z. -- MQ, divine tiger cubs, boxes (blue nix, dalmation) etc.this is beyond the scope of the merge. table entry format is in place. fixme tag will replace merge tag on merge complete. coords for pet managers in tellus/tides?