This is an archive of discussions made on the main page's talk page from 2010 to 2014.
Please do not modify or delete any content on this page.
<Put the new topics just below here.>
I notice that several pages have missing pictures that people have up loaded for those pages, because of this those pages look like crap, why do you keep deleting the graphics? Also if there is an easy way to view and find the graphic content a page developer might use those instead of uploading much of the same thing. Another complaint I have is that your search engine for this wiki just plain sucks. You can search for thing that I know are in this wiki but they will never be found by this search engine.
Old Main Page[edit source]
Well I like the Old Main Page, the added info is nice but I find it to cluttered which makes things harder to find. -- Ctstew 16:32, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Both pages have pretty much the same info. Which one do you find to be too cluttered? -- Sangodoc - PWI wiki mod (talk) 15:02, 18 October 2012 (PDT)
Soulforce page icon in main page[edit source]
Sould we put a link to the Soulforce page here at main page? With the new expansion many classes and skills use it. -- Brideinred 10:45, 19 February 2012 (PST)
- Unfortunately, at this point I have changes that I've been trying to make to the main page for over six months, and Frankieray keeps ignoring me. I'll see what I can do though. -- Sangodoc - PWI wiki mod (talk) 13:42, 19 February 2012 (PST)
Sandbox for potential page changes[edit source]
I created the Main Page/sandbox page so anyone can make suggestions on how the Main Page page can be improved. Hopefully once we get a new wiki administrator they will implement our suggestions. -- Sangodoc (talk) 20:05, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
Organize the info?[edit source]
The on-line info and these wiki pages are great but I would like to know if there is a Glossary of Terms; if not then I would like to see one put together. I would like to see this Glossary organized like a giant index with links to more detailed information pages that are already here.
--Ctstew 16:58, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- As mentioned just two sections down, there is the Abbreviations - Alphabetical page already. Unfortunately, despite several attempts, I have not been able to get a new administrator for the wiki since the last one left. Thus we currently have no way to edit locked pages, such as the main page. For now you can use Main Page/sandbox to test suggestions on how you think the main page should look. -- Sangodoc (talk) 19:00, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
It might sound like beginner stuff but I tried to do a simple search about "Squads" but nothing came up so if you can tell me some details about how they function I would appreciate it.
--Ctstew 16:58, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- There are several pages have information on that already, such as Aggro, Class Roles and Situation Descriptions, Territory War Guides, Venomancer Luring, plus most of the individual class guides. What specific information were you looking for? -- Sangodoc (talk) 19:00, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
Link suggestions[edit source]
Please ADD a link to the Morai and Chrono Guide (OHT, Unicorn Forest, Valley of the Scarred and Moonshade Desert) pages in the Guild link section since these are not actually dungeons but instanced worlds. Maybe Lothranis and Momaganon can be add later if someone is ambitious enough to write the pages.
--Ctstew 14:06, 22 September 2013 (PDT)
Can somebody add a link to Abbreviations - Alphabetical page to the main page? It's kinda very useful for beginners, and kinda difficult to find, if possible at all --User:Osmanpasha
Maybe the pictures of the classes should also link to the articles.
- That is a good idea, yes. --Vitenka
There should be a section added for "Instance" for Rebirth, Warsoul, etc. so that they can be easier to find. There should be a section or place for Mystical Tome in the Armor/Weapon section. --Holyvier 03:45, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
It would be nice if Internal Links (existing and broken) were distinguishable from each other as well as regular text without a mouse-over or using the alternative display for broken links. A color change for the text would be sufficient (red for broken, perhaps grey for existing).
- I will definitly 2nd that --Sychris
- That's actually an option under 'preferences', you get a red quesiton mark after a link to an unreified page. --Vitenka
The Items page could be added the the main page its a work in progress but the more ppl that view it the better itll get -- Sychris 05:07, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
The status icon guide is almost complete and i think should be added http://pwi.gamepedia.com/index.php/Status_Icon_Reference_Guide (sorry i don't know how to internal link) --Furryfury 22:21, 9 February 2011 (PST)
There should be a database -- Crysil 06:34, 18 December 2009 (UTC)
- There already is. See the Perfect World Database site, and make sure that "/pwi/" is in the path when searching there. If it isn't, click the USA flag to get it to show the correct data for PWI. -- Sangodoc (talk) 20:01, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
Add Tideborn to Races[edit source]
Add the tideborns to the races in the wiki index. --Ciberw2 04:17, 8 January 2010 (UTC)
- Seconded. The following items need to be added to the main page:
- Some rearrangement of the sections might be necessary afterwards so the first column isn't too much longer than the others. -- Sangodoc (talk) 07:31, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
Add Earthguard to Races[edit source]
Add the Earthguard to the wiki index
- Earthguard - add to Races section
- Mystic and Seeker - add to Classes section
- Mystic Skill List and Seeker Skill List - add to Skills section
--Calorien 06:52, 3 March 2011 (PST)